Let’s go! On the highest mountain in the Bregenzerwald – the Braunarlspitze. We start the challenging and long mountain tour in Schröcken-Heimboden. At the beginning, we follow the goods path to the right of the Hotel Mohnenfluh to the Fellealpe and then continue along the narrowing footpath. When crossing some narrow mountain streams we can cool our arms a bit. After approx. 1,5 h walk, we follow the sign for Fürggele. Before the rock entrance, we enjoy the view to the Hochberg in front of us. The hiking poles are now stored in the backpack, from now we need both hands free to move up the partly rope-secured rock. After some exposed places, the las piece leads us over loose slate rock. It’s done! We stand at the summit cross and watch blissfully the spectacle of the clouds in the wind. Then we descent south to the Butzensee. Already from a distance we see the blue mountain lake with the massive Mohnenfluh summit in the background – a sight that remains in memory! Via the Jägersteig we hike back to the Fellealpe and back to the starting point.
- Meeting point: 06.30 am at the church in Schröcken.
- Total walking time: approx. 8 h.
- Elevation gain: 1.380 m | 1.380 m.
- Registration: until Wednesday, 04.00 pm at the tourist office Warth or Schröcken.
- Price for guests from Warth-Schröcken: € 35,00.
- Price for extern guests: € 60,00.