We start our mountain tour at the Hochtannbergpass at 1.676 m altitude. Thus, 857 vertical meters are ahead of us. The trail leads between wild flowers and fresh alpine herbs in the direction of Widdersteinhütte. Shortly before the hut we turn left to get to the rock entrance. From here we follow the markings on the rock, master a few climbing passages until we reach the summit ridge. Now we go, partly exposed, in a few minutes to the summit cross, where we are rewarded with a breathtaking panoramic view. We breathe and enjoy the fresh mountain air before we head back. The descent is either on the same route or via the Hochalppass back to the Hochtannbergpass.
- Meeting point: 08.00 at at the Hochtannbergpass (bus stop Hotel Adler).
- Total walking time: 4 – 5 h.
- Elevation gain: 857 m | 857 m.
- Registration: until Wednesday, 04.00 pm at the tourist office Warth or Schröcken.
- Price for guests from Warth-Schröcken: € 35,00.
- Price for extern guests: € 60,00.