In practice-oriented workshops, certified mountain guides, freeriders and variant skiers sensitize you to the dangers of the Alps off-piste. In cooperation with SAAC (= Snow & Avalanche Awareness Camps) the participants learn, to analyse the avalanche situation report, to assess weather and terrain correctly, tips for tour planning as well as how to handle with the necessary safety equipment.
- Program: In the first afternoon, there will be a 3-hour theoretical part. There, mountain guides and freeride experts inform about alpine dangers off-piste. On the second day, the state-certified ski and mountain guides from SAAC will take you into the terrain in small groups.
In the SAACnd Step camps, which last several days, the knowledge acquired in the Basic Camps is deepened and expanded. The alpine experience as a responsible freerider is in the foreground - both alpine (terrain, snow etc.) and group dynamic (decision on the mountain, group pressure etc.). The decisions of the mountain guides during the tour should help the participants to better understand the background of the tour planning and the behavior in the terrain. In the evenings, the experiences are discussed and the next route is discussed.
- Participation: Participation in the SAAC Basic Camp is free with a valid ski pass.
- Equipment: The emergency equipment (avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe) can also be borrowed free of charge.
- Requirements: All skiers and snowboarders aged 14 and over are allowed to participate. You should bring sufficient driving skills for the terrain.
- Registration: Please register in time, the number of participants is limited.
SAAC Basic Camp:
12. 12. - 15. 12. 2019 - Registration
15. 01. - 18. 01. 2020 - Registration
21. 03. - 22. 03. 2020 - Registration
SAACnd Step Camp:
11. 01. - 14. 01. 2020 - Registration
22. 03. - 25. 03. 2020 - Registration