The Rote Wand is the second highest mountain in the Lechquellengebirge and stands out due its striking summit construction and red limestone. Together we drive by car to the Zugertal to the parking lot near Formarinsee. From here, we go up via the south-facing grassy slopes to the Schwarzen Furka and on to the Oberer Sättele. Surrounded by red limestone, we pass a few easy climbing spots and climb higher and higher via the northern ridge. At the partly exposed and narrow summit ridge, full concentration is required. The summit cross is already in the immediate vicinity, before we master the las ascent to 2.704 m. At the summit, we are rewarded with a magnificent 360° panorama. Also the view to our starting point, the Formarinsee, makes our heart beat faster. Descent on the same route.
- Meeting point: 06.30 am at the church in Schröcken / 06.50 am at the tourist office Warth.
- Toll costs: € 20,00/car (carpooling!).
- Total walking time: 7 - 8 h.
- Elevation gain: 850 m | 850 m.
- Registration: until Wednesday, 04.00 pm at the tourist office Warth or Schröcken.
- Please don’t forget your Inclusive Card!
- Price without Inclusive Card: € 45,00.